2nd Spelling Bee Championship 2019
Terms and Conditions:
• Participants must be aged 9 -10 years old (Category A) and 11 – 12 years old (Category B) as of year 2019.
• Limited to only 60 students per category.
• Limited to 15 students per school per category.
• Participants must register online before 10:00PM, 15th March 2019. Confirmed participants will receive a confirmation email. Late registration will not be entertained.
•Participants are required to provide correct and valid personal information in order to validate registration for the contest. Any unclear or incomplete details will render the participation void.
• Registration fee of RM30 must be paid online and payment receipt must be attached to the online confirmation form.
• Payment must be made before 10:00PM, 22nd March 2019. Participants who fail to submit payment receipt by 22nd March 2019 will automatically be disqualified.
• Registration fee is non-refundable if the participant drops out of the competition before the event starts or if the participants is late for the event.
• Participants must arrive at Sunway Velocity Mall, V Boulevard, Level 1 at 11.00AM (Category A) and 3.00PM (Category B) to register. The practice round will begin promptly at 12:00PM (Category A) and 4:00PM (Category B). Participants who are late will not be able to join the contest and will be eliminated.
• Participants will be responsible for transportation to and from Sunway Velocity Mall.
• All participants will be given a participation number on that day of the event upon registration. Participants are required to wear the number throughout the event and to be seated at their assigned seats.
• All participants MUST participate in the practice round.
• The first round will include all participants. Each subsequent round will include only participants who spelled their word correctly in the previous round.
• The pronouncer will provide a word to the participant on stage and shall grant all request from participants to repeat the given word, define it, and/or use it in a sentence until the judges agree that the word has been made reasonably clear to the participant.
• The judges may disqualify a participant who ignores a request to start spelling.
• Each participant is given twenty (20) seconds to spell the given word. The 20 seconds begin when the participant pronounces the word. After spelling the word, the participants must pronounce the word again. For instance, “Bee, b-e-e, bee.”
• The participant who misspelled the given word will be asked to leave the stage without further arguments.
• At the end of the first 2 rounds, the participants with 2 correct spellings will have a chance at advancing to the finals on 7th April 2019.
•Should there be less than 30 qualified participants, the disqualified participants will participate in the elimination round where participants would be given another chance to spell on stage. Participants who misspelled their words will be eliminated and participants who spelled the words correctly will move on to the finals on 7th April 2019.
• The selection of winners and the outcome of the competition are final. No disputes and appeals will be entertained.
• Prizes are strictly not for re-sale, non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other items.
• Sunway Velocity Mall Management will not be liable to offer a replacement for vouchers that are discontinued, canceled, damaged, or used improperly whether due to fraud or technical issues.
• The Management and/or Organizers reserve the right to amend and/or modify the Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
• Visuals used in the advertising & promotion of this contest are for illustration purposes only and may not reflect the appearance and quantity of the exact product/prize.
• Sunway velocity Mall 2nd Spelling Bee Championship materials may only be used for marketing purposes in connection to/with this Contest only. Any other forms or methods of use / circulation of the said materials are strictly prohibited.
•Sunway Velocity Mall reserves the right to publish or display the names and photograph of winners for advertising and publicity purposes or for any other uses as the management deems fit without prior notice, unless prohibited by law.
• If you do not wish to be featured in any editorial or advertising content in the future, kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be processed within 30 days of receipt of the email.
• By clicking “Submit”, you have acknowledged and accepted the Terms and Conditions and the decision of the Organizer.
The protection of personal data is an important concern to Sunway and any personal data collection on this form will be treated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Notice of the company at http://www.sunway.com.my/group/privacy-notice/. Participants are deemed to have read the Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) (as posted onhttp://www.sunway.com.my/group/privacy-notice/) and agreed to the processing of their personal information in accordance with the Notice. Sunway Velocity Mall reserves the right to publish pictures taken of the participants and winners of the competition, across all social media platforms owned by Sunway Velocity Mall Sdn Bhd.